An explosion is sudden, rapid combustion that causes air to expand violently and scatter objects in a forward direction. A company doesn’t have to handle dangerous substances to experience a blast. Incidents such as a problem with an elevator’s hydraulic fluid, the improper storage of aerosol cans or a gas leak can cause an explosion.
Explosion Claim Considerations
Commercial insurance policies are specific regarding what constitutes as an explosion and the types of explosion-related incidents covered. When your business experiences an explosion, the insurance company will conduct a detailed investigation to determine how your coverage applies to the incident.
The professionals working for your insurance company will not prepare the claim for you; they only review the claim you submit. Incidentally, there may be recoverable losses that you didn’t know about and left off your claim. You must also be careful about the language used on a claim to prevent the denial of a covered peril. By having a public adjuster represent you during the claims process, you’ll avoid costly mistakes and maximize your payout.
A Public Adjuster’s Role
A public adjuster is a professional who protects your business’ interests and deals with the insurance company during the claims process, allowing you to focus on recovering and resuming normal operations. At Commercial Claim Pro, we guide you through every step of the process and take care of the details.
Your public adjuster will perform services such as:
- Fill out paperwork on your behalf.
- Perform comprehensive property inspections to look for hidden damage and issues that could become problematic in the future.
- Hire independent professionals to investigate the cause and extent of the damage so they may serve as expert witnesses.
- Document and calculate damage and property losses.
- Secure property that wasn’t damaged in the explosion.
- Arrange for emergency repairs to mitigate further losses.
- Obtain estimates from contractors and submit them to the insurance company.
- Negotiate with your insurance company.
Experiencing an explosion is taxing enough. Let one of our public adjusters take the stress out of dealing with an insurance claim for you. Contact Commercial Claim pro to get started.